“Truth v. Lies” was a letter to the editor of The Courier [Findlay, Ohio]
The truth, like science, doesn’t care about your beliefs. I am going to share some basic truths and whether or not you believe them will not change the facts.
- The Trump/Pence ticket lost its reelection bid in a legitimate election.
- Covid-19 has killed over a half million people in the US.
- The summer resurgence of Covid is largely due to the Delta variant along with the unvaccinated who refuse to take measures to prevent its spread.
- The Republican Party has received a minority of the overall vote in the US for at least the last two decades.
- The Republicans on the Redistricting Commission voted to retain Gerrymandering despite the will of 70 % of Ohio voters expressed 2015 and 2018.
This is my opinion: The overwhelming majority of the Republican Party appears willing to destroy our democratic republic in order to remain in power. In fact, since they are a minority party, this is probably the only way they can.
Opinions are personal and variable. Facts are neither of these. You can have your own opinions, but you can’t have your own facts. ‘Alternative facts’ do not and cannot exist.